LA CASITA AZUL SCHOLARSHIP
Telpochcalli Community Education Project (TCEP) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to mobilize youth and adults for social justice. Our mission is pursued by building individual capacity, collective power and mutual accountability through culturally relevant and community directed education, leadership development, and organizing.
Being that TCEP is home to many community members, we always strive to motivate and push towards new opportunities. “La Casita Azul” Scholarship is our way of providing another support option for our community members specifically to those who have come across many obstacles in pursuing their dreams in obtaining a college degree. Our hope is that this extra push will bring home great and positive opportunities to our community. The scholarship given will be in the amount of $500. Those in their senior year of high school or in their first year of college may apply.
To be ELIGIBLE for the scholarship, you must be:
· Must be enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree-seeking undergraduate program at a four-year U.S. accredited university or a two year U.S. community college for the 2019-2020 college academic year OR be a senior in high school on track to graduate.
· Be a resident of Chicago’s Southwest side:
Little Village, Pilsen, Brighton Park, Lawndale, Gage Park, or Back of The Yards (or live in zip codes: 60632, 60608, 60623, 60609)
· Must identify as Latino/Hispanic
· Demonstrate strong community engagement service and or leadership skills (Resume)
· May not apply if you received scholarship in the past.
DOCUMENTS needed to apply:
1) Transcripts (if in college, HS transcripts as well)
3) One Recommendation Letter
4) Tuition Statement (or EFC Screenshot if Senior in HS)
5) Essay Questions Response
Please see full PDF of application for details for each requirement.
Steps to Apply
Review all details of scholarship. To view scholarship click on PDF logo on the right.
The easiest way to apply is to use our online Google Form application., you can access that by clicking the logo on the right.
If filling out the PDF application, please submit with all other documents.
After applying, please submit all required documents to with the subject: "(Your First and Last Name) – La Casita Azul Scholarship”. You can find details for required documents by opening up the PDF application above.